Tuesday, August 23, 2016

What UPSC has taught me? - Gandharva Rathore (CSE 2015- AIR 93, IAS)


   Gandharva Rathore.

 Graduation - B. Com, 2013

 2nd attempt 

 Optional-commerce&accountancy

  IAS (cadre- West Bengal) 
___________________

CSE has been more than an exam for me, as for most of us. It has been a journey and in that journey one witnesses so many ups and downs that the meaning of life itself changes all together, all this adding so much to one's personality, which the cumulative years before the preparation couldn't even stand to match.

As far as what this exam has taught me is a way of life, it has changed my outlook towards the way I look at things. It has made me realize that failure is never permanent and so is the success and hence everyday presents  an opportunity to improve.

It has taught me the true value of family and friends which extends beyond the social link for they hold one from falling and remain present while one's mood sway in various proportions more often than not.

It has taught me the importance of self-reliance most of all. That everything is just a mind game and how motivated and happy i could keep myself during the preparation would decide my productivity, each day. I still remember worrying too much about the fact that I didn't go for any formal coaching and the fact that I came back from Delhi after college while most go there for preparation, but then as I started taking baby steps towards preparing on my own, I discovered how much we underestimate our own self and it's way too easy to teach oneself than to be taught by someone.

It has also taught me to always want to learn new hobbies and be up for anything, for during the preparation doing anything new pleased me so much that now it has become a part of me.

It has also taught me to start liking my own company, I had always hated to spend time alone and suddenly I was stuck by myself and I didn't even know how long that would last.

It has taught me to be crazy in most subtle ways, dancing to loud music in the room for a break or relishing even a dairy milk if i could complete something in time for " dil ko jab khushi mil jaye, kuch meetha ho jaye" or clicking numerous exam time selfies.


There have been more than a few things that the preparation teaches, it teaches one to control emotions and to keep going when the going gets tough.

So best luck all of you for this wonderful journey.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the post, Can you tell us what self - preparation strategies you followed ?

    ReplyDelete