Thursday, July 12, 2018

"What UPSC has taught me" - Mayur Suryawanshi (AIR- 373, 2017)


Mayur Surywanshi
MAYUR SURYAWANSHI. 

(AIR- 373), 2017



Hello friend, I am writing this article to share some of my thoughts and experiences and valuable life lessons that I have learned in this process. I have decided to prepare  for UPSC  during my 12th ,however started actual preparation after completion of my Graduation i.e. Mechanical Engineering . It took 4 attempts to clear this exam.

SOME LESSONS THAT I LEARNT

1)      Success is not final failure isn't fatal.  The entire journey is full of ups and downs. Nobody can be sure when one will get success. The   most important thing is that one should not hold the failure too much tightly. Rather one should understand what went wrong. Even if you failed doesn’t matter ,what matters is what you have learn from your mistakes. There is always scope for improvement even a All India Topper Of UPSC.

 2)      Have a belief in process.  In my third attempt I got only 81 marks in Essay, many of my friend were suggesting that it may be examiners fault. But I was convinced that my score in other papers  was according to my expectation. So it was me who need to improve.

 3)      Enjoy the Anxiety.- Fear anxiety is the inevitable part of this system. One can say it as subpart of process. Try to minimize your anxiety. By taking more hard work and some meditation and yoga.

 4)      It is today or Tomorrow – One of my great mentor MR. Sriram Srirangam told me after my consecutive failure in 2nd   prelims that, For any Serious candidate Success is sure it’s just a matter of time today or tomorrow

5)      Support system- Process may take 2,3,4,5 attempts, you may feel nervous. To Overcome this there is need of Strong support system .May be Your Friends, Family, Teachers. Even after one year I can remember 31st May,2017 CSE final result was declared. I could not make in the final list. Yet my Room in Delhi was full off with my Friends. And everyone was telling me that You will make it next year. And so I did it in this attempt.

Even my Parents and Teachers supported me throughout the process .Indeed there is need of strong support system.

6)      Planning-  Benjamin Franklin supposedly once said,   IF You Fail to Plan, You Plan to Fail. Any haphazard preparation is of no use. You may fail in implementing your plan but at least  make a plan. When one makes his/her own plan it puts burden of responsibility. So make your own plan and execute it religiously.

7)      Belief in Yourself. One may get failure in Prelims,mains,Interview, that does not mean that you have not taken a hard work . Prepare once again with new energy and enthusiasm. Trust in your efforts, don’t think that you can do this task. Determination can change your Destiny.

8)      Hard work Pays- So be ready for hard work. I have seen many people who could clear only because of their hard work and persistence. Success is not only the product of intellectual exercise but it is outcome of Hard work and Consistency.


Friends my journey with UPSC was full of ups and downs like others. However if you are convince that your hard work may result in good opportunity to serve your country. Contribute  for  betterment of  society and life worth living you will feel relieve of your burden.

I would like to share one thought of  Swami Vivekananda that cherish me a lot

“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life; dream of it; think of it; live on that idea. Let the brain, the body, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, and this is the way great spiritual giants are produced.” 


All the best Friends.   HOLD THE VISION, TRUST THE PROCESS.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly very Huge Congratulations sir.
    ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

    And Thank You so much Sir for shared your Experience while Preparation.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one mayur bhai.
    ..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir I feel proud to see you having this successful moment in your life.. I take pride in sharing your name as a citizen of dhule as well as a student of JSPM RSCOE... Hou are an inspiration for many of us... !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What post have u got sir?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It means a lot for us sir.... I hope we'll give our best... And congratulations for your 4th attempt success,I know there are many up and downs in our's life so as u said tgt try to improve your own ideas own thoughts as I did the same things which u have told us ..... Bt the main things while preparing this exams is determination and the planning... Planning is the first process I have read the economic the Hindu all the newspaper once daily.. Bt sometimes we think tht how much we have to read and study about becoming an IAS or IPs offices.... So had work also pays us we should have to improve our skills and thnk your so much for sharing your experience..I keep focus on your ideas and thought sir.... Wish me good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is very useful website. we are looking forward to see more blogs in future. Here you can get prepared for exams with this free exam preparation app.

    ReplyDelete